October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month. And Hook Security is excited to provide you with a complete kit of resources to show your support! Download here.
You can find more information below on how to use the resources and what the month entails.
Who is this Kit for?
This kit is for businesses and individuals looking for resources to show support for the Awareness Month initiative. Including printable posters, video backgrounds, social posts, and printable documents to share with the community.
How to Use the Kit
This kit includes all the resources you’ll need to show your support for Cybersecurity Awareness Month!
The kit includes:
- A press release to publish on your website or share with other online audiences.
- Email templates to send to colleagues, employees, or customers that include tips and tricks on staying cyber safe.
- Blog posts you can customize or publish on your website.
- Tip sheets that break down the different topics of this month. This includes passwords, phishing, software updates, reporting, safe web browsing, working remotely, and statistics.
- Additional graphics including tips, coundowns, and best practices.
- Sample social media posts that cover tips and tricks.
- Posters ready for printing or sharing with colleagues and the community.
- Video backgrounds to show your support.
You can download the resource kit here!
What is Cybersecurity Awareness Month?
Cybersecurity Awareness Month is designed to engage and educate public- and private-sector partners through events and initiatives with the goal of raising awareness about cybersecurity to increase the resiliency of the nation in the event of a cyber incident. Since the Presidential proclamation establishing Cybersecurity Awareness Month in 2004, the initiative has been formally recognized by Congress, federal, state and local governments and leaders from industry and academia. This united effort is necessary to maintain a cyberspace that is safer and more resilient and remains a source of tremendous opportunity and growth for years to come.
This year, the Cybersecurity Awareness Month’s main focal areas revolve around four key fundamental cybersecurity best practices:
- Recognizing and reporting phishing – still one of the primary threat actions used by cybercriminals today.
- Understanding the benefits of using a password manager and dispelling existing myths around password manager security and ease of use.
- Enabling multi-factor authentication on personal devices and business networks.
- Installing updates on a regular basis and turning on automated updates.
For more information, visit staysafeonline.org/cybersecurity-awareness-month/